For twenty years, Life History Services has assisted both private and public clients with documenting their unique stories and history.
What follows is a cross section of client testimonials, past projects, work samples and past presentation. For further samples or information on specific projects or trainings please contact us.
Personal, Family, and Business Histories
Over the past twenty years, Life History Services has produced over 400 privately commissioned projects. Full production services have included project design, all pre-interviewing, interviewing, equipment, post-production editing, archiving, and distribution. A few representative samples include:
- Devotion & Momentum. Full-length narrative couple’s memoir to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary, 2016.
- Circling the Globe. Full-length, first-person narrative memoir with supplemental family genealogy and archival photo archive.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Five-hour digital audio oral history, preserved on digital audio (searchable CDs and project hard drive). 2013.
- A Legacy of Love. Six-hour, digital video family & business history, with two first-person narrative memoirs. 2004.
- Look at Us! Five-hour video history project, preserved on searchable DVDS, with accompanying print transcripts, 2005.
- Solana Beach Presbyterian Church, Solana Beach, California (2002)
- Congregation Emanu-El, San Francisco, California (1998-2001, 2005-2006)
Community & Public History
- The Stephen Spielberg Foundation for the Visual History of the Shoah (1995-1997)
- The Missouri Lead Belt Jewish Oral History Project (2011-2012)
- The David R. Obey Oral History Project, The Wisconsin Institute for Public Policy and Service, (2014)
- Senator William Proxmire Oral History Project, The Wisconsin Historical Society, (2008-2011)
- States’ Impact on Federal Education Oral History Project, New York State Archives, (2013-present)
- The George Mosse Oral History Project, The University of Wisconsin Mosse Humanities Program, (2010)
- UW-Madison Oral History Program (2009-2010)
- Performing the Jewish Archive Oral History , University of Leeds, England, (2016)
Professional Training & Presentations
- Freie Universität, Faculty, Summer School Program in Media Research and the Visual History Foundation of the Shoah, Oral History Training for Scholars. (2015-2016)
- University of Wisconsin–School of Social Work, Guest Lecturer, Oral History Training for Social Workers. (2016)
- Capitol Lakes—Continuing Care Retirement Community, Presenter, Legacy Planning Program, Madison, WI. (2014)
- Madison College Seminar, Workshop Presenter, Writers on Writing, Madison, WI. (2014).
- Wilson Law Group Estate Planners, Keynote Address, Annual Meeting, Madison, WI (2012-2013)
- Institute of Life Review and Reminiscence Conference, Conference Presenter, Boston, MA. (2011)
- Senior Summer School Writing Instructor, Autobiographical Writing for Seniors, Madison, WI. (2005-2011)