A Note from the Founder of Life History Services
Since 1995, I have had the privilege of working as a professional interviewer and oral historian with individuals, families, businesses, institutions, and organizations.
As you consider the various options, I think it is important to remember that the core value of any personal or public history project lies in the quality of the interview itself. Meaningful interviews put narrators at ease and in charge of their own story, while exploring substantive lines of inquiry. This process of meaningful engagement is at the core of my work at Life History Services.
Below is a brief resume of my background and experience. I would be honored to begin a conversation with you today about your wishes. You may contact me directly at email@example.com
- Over 400 personal, family, business, and community-based oral history projects
- Licensed independent clinical social worker & psychotherapist
- Trained interviewer of Holocaust survivors for Steven Spielberg’s Visual History Foundation of the Shoah
- Published writer, lecturer, and oral history consultant
- Board of Directors, Association of Personal Historians, 1998-2004
- Member, Oral History Association & International Institute on Reminiscence & Life Review
- Masters of Science in Clinical Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Fulbright Scholar
- Fluency in English, Spanish, German